The terms and conditions as set out below govern the agreement between TextExpert, the owner of UniText brand, and the User.
This agreement should be read together with the provisions of the rating structure and the procedure specified in the web site.
- "TEXTEXPERT" A company incorporated in the UK as a limited liability company.
- "USER" represents the person submitting text via an on-line facility for proofreading.
- "PROOFREADING" means the reading of a document in order to detect and correct errors in the conventional usage of the English language.
- "ERRORS" represent incorrect application of the conventional usage of the English language. Its correction being the subject matter of the contract.
- "TEXT" represents the original text submitted for proofreading and constitutes the subject matter the contract.
- “NATIVE SPEAKER” a person whose mother tongue is English language.
- "SERVICE SPEED" represents the time-frame in which the proofreading of text is completed and returned to the User.
- "READY TEXT" represents text that has been proofread and considered as correct.
- "SUBMISSION FACILITY" represents the availability at http://www.unitext.org on the World Wide Web that allows the transfer of text in electronic format from one computer to another.
- “COMPUTER SYSTEM” the www.unitext.org website, its software and design and the computer utilised by the User for communications between the User and UniText.
- "ON-LINE" means the World Wide Web is live and connected.
- "PAYMENT FACILITY" represents a World Wide Web based remittance scheme used for settlement of the invoice and specified in the invoice.
- "THIRD PARTY" represents a person, an organisation, an entity or a government body who is not a party to the contract.
- “REFERENCING CHECKER” an addition to the proofreading service designed to help the Users to ensure that the text references and bibliography is consistent with the published or custom standards indicated by the User.
- “STYLE SHEET” is a web page in www.unitext.org where Users can choose the additional services such as “Referencing Checker” or specific file format for their Ready Text.
- “PERSONAL INFORMATION” includes name, surname, address, banking card details, and other personal information relevant to the task at hand for execution by UniText.
- The client offers a text in the English language for correction, improvement, review, appraise or presentation. UniText having examined the offer and if in conformity with its competence to execute the task will decide to accept the offer and communicate its acceptance by email.
- The consideration for the service will be the client’s ipso facto agreement to settle the invoice value as raised by Text Expert Ltd.
- The precise value and terms will be in conformity with the rating structure indicated in the web site subject to the discretion to modify the terms if considered necessary by an officer of Text Expert Ltd. The invoice raised there from will specify the amount owing by the User.
- The contract will be valid on confirmation of the contract by the two parties and communicated by email.
- Any changes in the terms of execution or in the consideration needs to be confirmed in writing and communicated by email.
- The completion period will be as per agreement in the communication of the text to UniText. This will be in conformity with the web site format.
- The contract will terminate on completion of the task to the satisfaction of the client. Any unreasonable excuse will be not accepted as a cause for repudiation of services done.
- Termination of the contract prior to completion of task will be permitted only by mutual agreement in writing / email.
- TextExpert Ltd. agrees to conform to the provisions of the data protection act and in addition assures total confidentiality of client information.
- The contract will become void as a result of Force Majeur.
- Any disputes in the discharge of the service should first be referred to arbitration if the value of the contract is relatively significant in accordance with the terms of the ICC concerning arbitration or in terms of a professional organisation governing such service.
- The country of contract will be deemed to be UK and the laws of the UK will prevail.
- In the event the text produced by us is unsatisfactory due to low quality of work done, we welcome you to provide a short explanation with regard to the nature of the issue. We will, at all times, investigate the problem and should we find that we were incorrect, we will reimburse your fees paid.
- Assignment of the contract will be permitted subject to both parties to the contract agreeing in writing / email.
- Breach of contract will arise if performance of either party in terms of the contract is not achieved. The injured party will be entitled to damages.
- Either party agrees to indemnify any breach of action resulting in damages to the innocent party.
- Your comments are very important to us. To speak to us, please call our London office on: +44 (0) 2083668715 from Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (GMT) or write to
28 Great Cambridge Road
London Borough of Enfield
Middlesex EN1 1UT